- 6 bedrooms suites all with private bathrooms, can accommodate up to 20 people
- Professional on site dedicated cook
- Bartender service to dining and poolside areas
- On site car & driver service
- Maid and cleaning service
- Food and beverage shopping service
- Swimming pool with towel service
- Home theater room with satellite TV
- Additional charges will apply for:
- Food & beverages (grocery store prices)
- Fuel for guest use of vehicles
- Special event and wedding surcharges may apply, please inquire for details
We chose this area for the safe, stable and unbeatable climate. If you only have a few weeks, make every day count.
- 80-85 degrees every day in winter, 85-90 in summer
- Often 0% precipitation between November and May
- Warm at first touch ocean temperatures year-round
- Ultra low risk of hurricanes: only 3 in the past 160 years – all less than category 3
Puerto Escondido is a part of Mexico driven by family and community values. Casa Rubia is in a gated community, and the staff are on site 24/7.
Casa Rubia is ideal for large groups with or without children. The 6 bedroom suites allow for privacy when needed. Generous gathering spaces allow for small groups and large groups to gather. The dining room seats 26 people total.
Casa Rubia has an ultraviolet filtration system. As a precaution, all water and water-based drinks are served from purified bottled water.
Yes but as with all oceanfront destinations, it is important to read and assess the surf before swimming.
Occasionally the surf is strong enough on Casa Rubia’s beach, but Zicatela (only 10 miles from Casa Rubia) is the beach of choice for surfing.
Traveling to Puerto Escondido is made convenient with two nearby airports to chose from:
- Puerto Escondido Airport – PXM (15 minute drive to Vivo Resorts)
- Huatulco International Airport – HUX (98km to Puerto Escondido)
Canadian Seasonal Non-stop flights to Huatulco are available from:
- Sunwing Airlines (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto & Montreal departures)
- Westjet Airlines (Toronto and Calgary departures – twice weekly)
- AirTransat (Calgary & Edmonton departures only)
- Air Canada (Toronto departures)
USA Seasonal Non-stop flights to Huatulco are available from:
- Houston – United Airlines
- Minneapolis – SunCountry Airlines
- Chicago – Apple Vacations
- St. Louis – Frontier Airlines
If the direct flight options don’t work for you:
- Use Expedia, Travelocity, or similar website to find a flight from your home airport to Mexico City
Hint: select flight with early arrival time into Mexico City for best connection options
- Multiple daily flights from Mexico City to:
- Puerto Escondido airport
- Huatulco airport
- Convenient connecting flights provided by:
NOTE! These 3 domestic airlines are not included on Travelocity, Expedia and other travel website searches. Your travel agent may not be aware of these airline options either. Please visit the above websites to search for flights and book directly with the airline.
Casa Rubia is 10 miles outside Puerto Escondido, offering our guests seclusion and tranquility.
You will likely see one or two. Enjoy it!
This is a part of Mexico that is ‘one step off the beaten path’. The benefits are considerable: no congestion, tourist vibe or over commercialization.
You also have to be prepared for the flip side, which is fewer locals speaking English, and the lack of high-end or sophisticated shopping options. However there are modern supermarkets, banks and other amenities.
You may cook your own meals if you wish, but our kitchen is set up for staff rather than guests. You may choose your menu for the week and our staff will shop, prepare and serve these meals on your behalf.